Skip to main content
The School Advisory Council Guidelines
- The principal is a member of the School Advisory Council (SAC).
- High schools and Vocational/Technical schools shall have voting student members.
- Middle and elementary schools may have student members.
- All members, with the exception of the business and community members, will be elected by the constituents they represent.
- Each SAC shall maintain a record (minutes) of all decisions, activities, and meetings, including attendance and voting records.
- A majority of the members of each SAC must be persons who are not employed by the school district.
- Each SAC shall be representative of the ethnic, racial, and economic community served by the school.
- A majority of the membership is a quorum. A quorum must be present before a vote may be taken by the SAC.
- SAC members are required to have at least 3 days advance notice in writing of any matter to be voted on.
- SAC meetings are scheduled when parents, students and community members can attend